Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Blue Notes ~ Can I Change My Mind

The Blue Notes were a staple at Nassau clubs like the Rum Keg Room & The Back Room at the Barmoral Beach Hotel in the late 60's. Early on their line up included of a young Frankie Zhivago and Ralph Munnings. By the time of their 3rd release, "Moving Up with The Blue Notes" (Proctor-Blue Records), the group consisted of: Godfrey Deveaux (drums), Lawrence Makeba Rolle (bass), Garry Davis (guitar) & Marvin Henfield (vocals). The overall vibe is a soulful Caribbean jazz style which lends itself nicely to cuts like "Fever" and "By the Time I Get To Phoenix", but the standout is the band's deeply moving cover of Tyrone Davis's soul classic "Can I Change My Mind".
Enjoy!
McBB


1 comment:

  1. This is a sweet, sweet, song. Is there a way to obtain an mp3 of it?

    Great blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete